Sunday, August 23, 2009

Collide-o-scope Eyes part 3

This is part 3. Follow the links to Part 1 and Part 2. Enjoy.

I woke up on a boat on a river, with tangerine trees and marmalade skies, tied up. No one was around, except for Lady Madonna. I saw her standing there by the riverbank. She's got a ticket to ride outta this place, never to be seen again.
"Why the fuck are you doing this, Lady?!" i scream. That reminds me, what flavour ice cream should i get today? Rocky road?
She took out a radio and started to play a song. It's a bit dark, and a tad out of key.
"What the hell is that?"
"It's only a northern song. It brings back memories of yesterday..." a tear drops from her eyes.
"Fred Kite used to be my lover." she uttered, almost crying. She wasn't crying though. Tears, yes. Crying, no. There's a difference between the two.
That still doesn't explain anything. So what if Fred Kite used to be her lover? Oh fuck. Is he the father of all her children? Good gum, that old fucker can really fertilize an egg.
"You needed compensation from him? That doesn't make sense. Where'd you get your money years ago? The money's just recently got stolen." Hell, nothing makes sense anymore. Nothing ever does.
"IT'S NOTHING TO GET HUNG ABOUT! Just fuck off and die." She shot the boat. Pretty good shot. There's a hole now. I started to twist and shout. Fuck. Reminds me of that damn song. She left the damn scene. The boat is sinking. I managed to wiggle my way out of the ropes. I put my hands up and shouted for help. Fuck, i can't swim with my boots on. I don't know how. Why did i have to wear boots today?
Everything went blurry.
Everything went blank.

*****


I woke up in what appears to be a garden. I was under the shade of a tree. I was soaked. My grey fedora ruined. I need a new one. I coughed out water.
"You alright young man?" I heard an old familiar voice say. It was Mr. Kite.
"Come together now. Take it easy." He knows it ain't easy. He helped me rest my back on the tree. I felt weak. I need to go home and make myself feel alright.
"I'm going home." I forced myself to stand, but my knees were too weak to support myself. I feel on the grass. Mr. Kite helped me get up.
I was dumbfounded. Must be the lack of oxygen. I needed some coca-cola.
"Can ya get me a bottle of Coke?" That was a bit shameless. He left my side and went to get me one. Nice man. I drank to the last drop. That was refreshing. Damn it, i sound like an endorser. Fuck.
"What the hell were you thinking, young man?" Hell, i wasn't thinking. I closed my eyes. Living is easy with eyes closed.
I dreamed.

to be continued

No comments: