Friday, August 14, 2009

Look Both Ways

I can't remember the exact date. Was it February 18 or 19, or some other day in February a few days after Valentines of 2008? I don't remember, but i do remember what happened. Every moment of it.

It was my last year in high school. I was crossing the street with my girlfriend so we could go home. I remembered i had to go home earlier than usual, and that means i couldn't be with her on her way home.At least her sister was there to keep her company. I had to cross back because the way to my house was on the other side of the street. She already took the ride home, but the vehicle still hasn't left. I was beginning to cross, but i couldn't look away from her, and waved good bye. A pick-up truck hit me.

I was still standing, but slightly shooked up. My backpack feel on the pavement. I was holding my left elbow, because that was the area that got hit. It was a black Hilux, Toyota i think, with what seems to be hard PVC bumpers. Thank gum they're not metal.
The driver got out of the truck. He asked if i was okey. I said i don't know. I looked behind me, and my girlfriend was still there. She looked like she would start to cry. I hate to see her cry. The traffic policemen told me i had to go to the hospital. The driver gladly volunteered.
On the ride to the hospital, i found out he was a nurse, and so was his wife that was on the front seat. I was still shocked by what happened. I was more worried on how my girlfriend was. I hope she's okey..
Finally at the hospital. Turns out his mother-in-law was a doctor there. Just my luck. The guy that bumps me with a pick-up happens to be a nurse related to a doctor. I started to feel better, because i knew it was going to be okey. I filled in the forms and I was X-ray'd. I was given mefenamic acid to stop any possible swelling. It was time to go home. We looked at the bumper, and it was broken. Not dented, but in a way, dislocated. I felt no pain.

Finally home. My parents freaked out, but i just drank some coke and watched TV. IM'd my girlfriend and told her i was okey. I got the x-ray results next day.

Nothing was broken. Not even a scratch on my skin. No charges. No bills. Nothing. Just a broken bumper and memories.

Note: this was a real event in my life. Still can't forget it.

2 comments:

Faceti said...

Glad you're still with us, Ghosty. As always, thanks for sharing.

Karla Celica said...

Thanks for never forgetting about me being worried, because I really was worried.